HOW TO WEAR A SAREE? / HOW TO DRAPE A SARI?
Wearing a saree is no rocket science! People have made it look like some hard and tedious job. In reality it is fun and enjoyment. Of course you have to try your hands a few times before you can master this art.
The basic point is that you have love you saree and you will learn more and more styles of draping it.
These are the steps for draping a saree / wearing a sari
- Hold the saree so that the fall (undecorated cotton portion) is against you.
- Drape the sari around your waistline and tuck it once. Remember that the palloo / pallu should be on the outer side.
- Drape it around again, but don't tuck it in.
- Make pleats of the remaining cloth and tuck it 5 to 6 inches near your belly. You should make around 5-6 pleats. This will give a nice look at the bottom.
- Cover your body as per your styling and flung the pallo over your shoulder.
- You can use a safety pin or some fashion accessory to attach the pallo with the blouse, so that it is at its place and does not bother you.
This is the basic style to wear a saree, and with some twists and turns you can learn:
How to wear a Gujarati sari
How to wear a Rajasthani sari
How to wear a Maharsthrian saree
How to wear a Bengali saree
A known “Secret”:
The best way to easily grasp any regional dressing is to learn through a local member of the community. E.g. If you want to learn how to wear a Gujarati saree, a local gujarati lady will be the best teacher. It will be more helpful to you than watching 10 howto videos. You may also get to know some cultural tips and tricks that will help you win hearts also a list of what to do and what not.
LEARN MORE: SAREE STYLE TIPS, TRICKS & ACCESSORY GUIDE
[Styishbazaar.com: Premiere Online Shopping Website in India. A Place where you can buy all types of Sarees and Women’s Dresses online.]